1 Thessalonians 1:4

"We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be His own people..."

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vacation and Raffle

This week we are on vacation visiting Ryan's family in Las Vegas, Nevada.  During our time here we drew the winners for our beef raffle!  Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the raffle and especially to Mikael and Jamie, Rancher's Best Beef, for donating the 1/4 beef.  The kids drew the tickets and the winner was.......Roney Bisio!! Roney was very excited :)
While we have been here I've had some new feelings regarding our Aaron I thought I would share.  We have really just been spending time with family and hanging out in the pool - because it is SO hot here!  But doing all these things as a family, I really find myself "missing" Aaron, and wishing he was here with us NOW.  Then I thought - can you really miss someone you haven't even officially met?  So I guess it is not really a "missing" but a "longing".  Funny how our minds work - at least mine - I so want him here with us on vacation making memories with us.  Then I am reminded that our Father's timing is perfect - not mine.  I guess it is similiar to the feeling that we have when we are expecting a birth child and so want that baby to hurry up and get out here!  We are ready to start our lives with them - NOW :)  Those "adoption birth pains" are starting :)
We should be getting our final papers from immigration with in a week or so.  Then the quick cascade of papers through the final adoption phase in China will begin.  It looks as though we will be flying out to China the beginning to middle of September - time is flying by - that is only 2 months away!!  It make take me that long to figure out what I need to pack! :)
Anyway, thank you again for your continued prayers and support.  Please keep Aaron lifted up in prayer that God prepares his heart for changes coming into his little life and that Aaron will have an amazing peace when he meets us.  Also, for our hearts as we prepare our home and lives for his arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment